King Art Games has announced a new tactical RPG called The Dwarves. You can check out the trailer below which shows some of what we are to expect when the game launches next year. A full reveal of the game will be shown at Gamescom next month. On The Dwarves official website, more details about the game are given.
- The story background of the game is based on the first book of the novel series “The Dwarves”, but also offers numerous new quests and characters.
- The protagonist Tungdil gathers a group of up to 12 companions around him over time; each of them with their own back-story and unique skills in combat. For inspiration we looked at game series like “Fire Emblem”.
- Previous to each battle you assemble a group of up to four heroes, who then fight hundreds of enemies simultaneously. Helm’s Deep sends its regards!
- You travel through “Girdlegard” on a world map that contains dozens of battle fields and places waiting to be discovered.
- Markus Heitz, the author of the novel “The Dwarves”, is involved in the project as a consultant and may contribute by writing a quest or two.
The Dwarves will launch in 2016 on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.