Middle-earth: Shadow of War had a strange release. Shortly prior to release it got embroiled up in the loot box controversy (which quickly moved on to the heinous application in Star Wars Battlefront II). It got pretty good reviews but disappeared from prominence pretty quickly. Anyway, if you’re one of the people who stuck with the game, or are considering picking it up, you’ll be glad to know that there is some new DLC for the game available now. The Blade of Galadriel expansion will see you playing as Etariel, a deadly assassin for the Elven queen, Galadriel. Here’s the trailer for the new content –
Alongside the new DLC are some free updates that offer the following improvements –
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviours, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
- Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
- Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
- Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customising in-game action shots.
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customise the user interface and scale their field of view.