An intense new story trailer was revealed today for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, and it shows off new characters and details. This will bring the final roster count to 30 characters at launch, with more characters revealed via DLC in the following months. Today, as has been teased previously, the four revealed characters are Ghost Rider, Firebrand (Ghosts and Goblins), Dormammu and Jedah. The game’s story will take on an interesting twist, as both Marvel and Capcom worlds will be merged in an attempt to stop Ultron Sigma from infecting all organic life with the symbiote.
In addition to the standard story mode, there will be a number of single and multiplayer modes to test out. There are a lot of them, and they are as follows:
- Offline Modes and Features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
- Online Modes and Features:
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will release on September 19th, 2017 for Xbox One. Check out the story trailer below